I have had this chainsaw for about 6 months now and have cut a lot of wood with in that time, so I think I can give it fair evaluation. I have to admit I was very skeptical of battery powered chainsaws, but this thing has won me over.
After doing a good bit of research on line, I settled on this Greenworks 16″ 40V G-Max chainsaw based on price and good reviews. This model came with one 4 Ah battery and a charger, but I also bought an extra battery.
I bought my Greenworks chainsaw and extra battery from Amazon. Here are the Amazon links:
You can find a lot more info about it on the Greenworks website.
Some of the features of this saw include:
- Low Kickback 16” Oregon Bar & Chain
- Chain Pitch is .0375
- Metal Bucking Spikes
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System
- Two Hour Recharge Time fo a 4 Ah Battery (although I recomend at least a 4 hour charge time when you can)
- Brushless Motor Design for greater torque and less vibration
- Electronic Chain Brake
- No-tool Chain Tensioning (I REALLY like this feature!)
Here’s a look under the hood:
To see how well this saw performs in the field, watch the video. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Here’s what I like about the Greenworks saw:
- Instant Starting
- No Mixing Fuel
- Very Quiet
- Generous Bar Oil Reservoir
- No-tool Chain Tensioning
- Good Battery Life
- Consistent Power
- Solidly Built
Here’s what I don’t like about it:
- Not as Powerful as a Gas Saw
- Slower Cutting than a Gas Saw
- Hard to Turn On with Gloves On
- Auto-off Quicker Than I’d Like
- Battery Hard to Get In & Out (but for a good reason)
Summary & Recommendations:
- It is a Good Saw for the Money ($Currently $192.60 on Amazon with a 4 Ah battery)
- Best as a Medium Duty Saw for the Homeowner
- Get the one with the 4Ah Battery!
- By at Least One Extra 4Ah Battery ($Currently $99.97 on Amazon)
Note: Links to Amazon products are Amazon Associate links that won’t cost you any extra, but will help support my efforts with a small commission on qualified products. Thanks for your support!